GRANDMASTER RON VAN BROWNING
10th Degree Black Belt – Accelerated Fighting System
Trainers Elite’s Founder & Director
Grandmaster Ron Van Browning, founder & director of Trainers Elite and the Accelerated Fighting System, has an impressive background of over 55 years of experience in the martial arts. Beginning training at the age of 17 while in the Navy he studied Okinawan Karate in Okinawa then Judo and Ju-Jitsu. In 1966 he began studying under Grandmaster Jimmy H Woo for over 25 years in Kung Fu San Soo earning a Masters degree. He also boxed out of the Main Street Gym in California as a middleweight pro boxer.
Grandmaster Browning has studied under the following:
- Grandmaster Wally Jay in Judo and Small Circle Ju-Jitsu
- Grandmaster Remy Presas in Modern Arnis
- Sensei Bill Sosa in Aikido
- Grandmaster Reylson Gracie in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Grandmaster Carlos Machado in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Ken and Frank Shamrock in submission grappling
- Oleg Taktarov in Russian Sambo and Judo
- Kru Saekson Janjira in Muay Thai
- Assisted training and trained with UFC and 3-time King of Pancration Guy Metzger
Grandmaster Ron Van Browning holds Black Belts in 5 different styles and is recognized as an expert in the Martial Arts.
1st Dan Judo
1st Dan Dansru Jujitsu
2nd Degree Bikenjutsu
5th Degree Modern Arnis
Master Kung Fu San Soo
10th Degree Grandmaster Accelerated Fighting System San Soo
- International Hall of Fame 1995
- Texas Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2000
- World Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2001
- Founder & Director of Trainers Elite & The Accelerated Fighting System 1982
- Professional Trainer in Boxing, Kickboxing & Submission Fighting
- USA Boxing Amateur Coach
- Pro Boxing Trainer
- Pro MMA Trainer
- Commissioner of the World Pancration Council
In 2000 Grandmaster Browning was promoted to 10th Degree in Trainers Elite Accelerated Fighting by Grandmaster Wally Jay and Grandmaster Remy Presas and received his Professorship in Martial Arts. 2001 Grandmaster Browning was inducted to the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
In 2004 Grandmaster Browning worked with Control Force with Matt Hughes and Pat Miletich with training FBI, DEA, Military and SWAT teams from all over the United States. Grandmaster Browning has been working with Law Enforcement, Private Security and Body Guards over the past 20 years.
Over the years Grandmaster Browning has had the honor of working with and being on tour in Europe with Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker and Grandmaster Tom Muncy of The Dragon Society International and trains with Datu Tim Hartman in Presas Arnis.
Grandmaster Browning has also trained Amateur and Professional fighters in boxing, kickboxing and submission fighting from Vale Tudo to the UFC. Grandmaster Browning has produced 24 Golden Glove Champions, as well as a 8 Champions in Vale Tudo & Submission fighting as well as training Vale Tudo, Pancration & UFC champions.
Accelerated Fighting System (AFS) is a combination of all the fighting arts Grandmaster Browning has trained in over the years. The objective is to provide street smarts and practical self-defense from stand up to ground that really works. Trainers Elite AFS is unique in that it is one of the most practical realistic self-defense systems combined.
Grandmaster Browning takes one technique and applies it in a thousand ways rather then a thousand techniques that only work one way thus adding to existing systems. Grandmaster Browning has developed practical, basic techniques that can easily be added in a few hours of training to other martial arts systems. AFS is designed to complement and add to existing systems not change them.
Mr. Browning is a native of Texas.
4th Degree Black Belt – Accelerated Fighting System
Trainers Elite’s President & Owner
Owner of Trainers Elite, Tabitha, originally from Ridgefield, WA, began her mixed martial arts training under Grandmaster Browning in 2006 and has since earned her 4th Degree Black Belt in GM Browning’s Accelerated Fighting System. She is GM Browning’s 50th Black Belt in his Accelerated Fighting System. Tabitha has an intensive & extensive background in athletics specializing in volleyball for over 15 years. Tabitha excels in her mixed martial arts training in Muay Thai as she has traveled to Thailand and trained with the source. She continues her training with Kru Saekson Janjira, 6 time world champion and renowned ‘best Muay Thai teacher’ and has trained with Samart Paykaroon – World Champion in Muay Thai and boxing champion. Tabitha also continues her training with Yousef Alirezaei in Jiu-Jitsu of whom she earned her Blue Belt from, Professor Allen Mohler in BJJ, Big Sugar Ray Philips in boxing. She has trained with Grandmaster Carlos Machado in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Datu Tim Hartman in Modern Arnis and looks forward to continued training with them all. Tabitha is the founder and instructor of A.B.S. Total Fitness Kickboxing and also teaches the Executive Boxing Club, Kids & Juniors Boxing, Juniors and Adult MMA classes and Private lessons for all ages.
Tabitha is a native of Washington State.
Trainers Elite is excited to welcome not 1, but 2 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champions (multi times) to our team: Nathiely Karoline Melo de Jesus & Manuel Ribamar V. de Oliveira Filho. Contact Riba at 469-226-7313 for details.
Nathiely Karoline Melo de Jesus
Nathiely Karoline de Jesus is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt under Cícero Costha, being also one of the top grappling competitors of her generation, a reputation earned during Nathiely’s purple and brown belt campaigns when she earned 5 World titles, 1 Abu Dhabi World Pro, 1 Pan American and 3 Brazilian National titles for the PSLPB academy.
Nickname: ‘Nathy’ – which is short for Nathiely.
- IBJJF World Champion (2015 purple, 2016** brown, 2017 black)
- IBJJF World No-Gi Champion (2016** black, 2015** brown)
- UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro Champion (2016 brown)
- IBJJF Pan American Champion (2015 purple)
- CBJJ Brazilian Champion (2014/2015 purple, 2016 brown)
- IBJJF American Nationals Champion (2016**)
- UAEJJF Grand Slam – Rio de Janeiro Champion (2016)
- UAEJJF Grand Slam – Abu Dhabi Champion (2017)
- IBJJF Rio Fall International Open Champion (2017)
- IBJJF Pan American Championship 2nd Place (2016* brown)
- IBJJF São Paulo International Open 2nd Place (2015* brown)
- IBJJF World Championship 3rd Place (2015* purple)
- IBJJF Pan American Championship 3rd Place (2015* purple)
- CBJJ Brazilian Championship 3rd Place (2014* purple)
- IBJJF São Paulo International Open 3rd Place (2014**)
Manuel Ribamar Jiu Jitsu
Manuel Ribamar, also known as “Riba”, is a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu under Rodrigo Pinheiro and Cicero Costha, being regarded as one of the top middleweight competitors of his generation in the sport. Born in the state of Amazonas – Brazil, Ribamar has had a few different coaches going up the ranks, but it was at Cicero Costha’s PSLPB academy that his grappling style truly developed, earning him titles at the World and South American Championships.
Full Name: Manuel Ribamar V. de Oliveira Filho
Nickname: “Riba” which is short for Ribamar.
- World Champion (2015 brown)
- South American Champion (2014 brown, 2013 brown)
- Austin Open Champion (2016/2015 black)
- Sao Paulo Open Champion (2014 brown)
- San Antonio Open (2015 weight & absolute)
- Houston Gran Prix Champion (2015 black)
- Abu Dhabi Grand Slam – Rio de Janeiro Runner-up (2016)
- BJJ Rio Pro Runner-up (2016)
- San Antonio Open Runner-up (2016 absolute)
- Sao Paulo Open 3rd place (2014 brown absolute, 2013 purple)
- San Antonio Open 3rd Place (2016)